Saturday, August 19, 2017

Meet Lex Leclerc, writer, artist, teacher

Lex Leclerc

Writer, Artist,

and teacher in Buffalo, New York

Take her class


''I work and work and work and listen and watch and work and work and work and send out my work and get rejected and work and work and work and work and listen and watch and sometimes win.
I have my MFA in fiction from New England College. I have worked as an adjunct professor at a community college, a private college and in an online adult learning program. Here I have taught creative writing/English/ESL courses.

I have a course on Skillshare about mixed media notecards and about making mistakes.
During undergrad, I went to school on an Arts Scholarship in creative writing. When I graduated, my college, Hobart and William Smith said I was the most promising fiction writer of my class.

I used to write a cycling blog called "Red Lantern Bicyclist" and a column for professional cyclist, Molly Hurford's site, "Saddle, Sore" called "Blood, Sweat and Tears." Now, I write a blog about learning French (2.7k followers). It's called "Le Poisson Nage." I am currently waiting for the legion of honor from France. Any day now. I just know it.

A few years ago, I won the Just Buffalo's Fiction Contest award. Before this, I was selected as a New York State Writing Fellow for The Western New York Writing Project.
This bragging is all fantastically interesting, but the real guts of it is I believe story has the power to change cultural narratives, to challenge our invisible rules and to coo us into a space where we can hear one another’s voices.''
  • Education
    • Hobart and William Smith Colleges
    • Canisius College
    • New England College

No comments: